SME Talent Programme (STP)
Engage and attract local talent from the Institute of Technical Education (ITE), Polytechnics and Universities through student internship, sponsorships and fresh hire training. Under this programme, local students and graduates will have the opportunity to gain industry exposure and secure career opportunities with promising local SMEs.
Purpose of the Scheme
Businesses will get to offer internships, sponsorships and training programmes to local students from ITE, Polytechnics and Universities.
- STP Internship provides a structured and mentored internship experience. Students will get a monthly internship stipend.
- STP (Sponsorship & Fresh Hire) bundles employment as part of a one / two-year bond condition.
- Singapore-registered small and medium enterprises (SMEs) who meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Group annual turnover of not more than S$100M OR group employment size of not more than 200 workers
- Have good HR practices and are able to provide good career opportunities
- Are committed to providing a one-year training plan for recipients upon employment (applicable to companies applying for STP Sponsorship and Fresh Hire)
- Are able to pay recipients at least the market median salary upon employment (applicable to companies applying for STP Sponsorship and Fresh Hire)
- SMEs are eligible for up to 70% funding support covering the internship stipend.
STP (Sponsorship) and STP (Fresh Hire)
- SMEs are eligible for up to 70% funding support covering the study sponsorship value.
- SMEs share of the sponsorship value will be paid out as a sign-on bonus when students join the company.
- SMEs are supported with a grant upon completing the required on-boarding and training deliverable(s) to coach and guide new hire(s) during the first year of employment.
Detailed information on the programme and funding support is available in the factsheet here. (398KB)
Click here for more information.
Enterprise Singapore has appointed the following Approved-in-Principle (AIP) partners for this programme. The STP AIP Partners will assess and qualify SMEs who are keen to participate in STP, and will play an active role in matching suitable student applicants to approved SMEs.
|STP AIP Partner||Contact Number||Email address|
|Action Community for Entrepreneurship||–||[email protected]|
|Association for Small and Medium Enterprises||6513 0347||[email protected]|
|Restaurant Association of Singapore||6479 7723||[email protected]|
|Singapore Food Manufacturers’ Association||6336 2328||[email protected]|
|Singapore Manufacturing Federation||6826 3141||[email protected]|
|Singapore Retailers Association||6334 5223||[email protected]|
|SGTech||6653 8827||[email protected]|
The STP AIP Partners may be contacted for more information about the programme, eligibility and application process.